[Bf-committers] Add-ons in Blender for commercial services

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Aug 8 16:03:11 CEST 2013

I get the impression that the "commercial" addons will be promoted as such
and maybe also have a "special" highlighted section in the addons list
and/or the web archive? (Tastefully done of course)

A way for companies to say "We actively support Blender *and* we sell
services around it too because it is a viable commercial platform for our
business model". Still Open Source Software but with a view towards
commercial interests.

IMO, it fits well with the Blender Network model. Commercial Artists using
open source software. Why not have commercial addons too?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd

Patrick Shirkey