[Bf-committers] Motion tracking project

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 10:57:43 CEST 2013

HI,

Not actually sure what your proposal is, it depends actually.

We've got some basis in libmv already (AFAIR, we've got n-view intersection
code already, but could remember something wrong by hand). So you'll likely
need to just write n-view bundle adjuster, which is not so difficult i
think.

But here's one "BUT" -- this will work for rigid objects only i think. Not
sure how much difficult it'll be to reconstruct non-rigid objects.

So, if you want to write a command-line tool which will do n-view rigid
reconstruction it's much easier to do from libmv side. I'm keeping own
branch of libmv in github which i'm keeping up-to-date with changes made in
blender, and also doing some WIP tests there. So you'll probably want to
check on https://github.com/Nazg-Gul/libmv

If you're thinking about integrating such functionality into blender, it
depends. There're some things personally i consider useful (someone could
disagree tho:) -- like scene reconstruction using main and witness camera
(not so much complicated/expensive to use), will also move us a bit further
to motion capture. Also, if you'll want blender to capture something
realtime it'll be the most difficult thing to match our pipeline, so
probably it'll be some combination of changes in libmv and python script
for blender?