[Bf-committers] Stereoscopy Implementation Proposal

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 09:39:02 CEST 2013

Hi Adriano, not sure what to get from the test. I guess this means you
are able to work with Blender as it, so there is no need for a more
robust stereo support? ;)

Now seriously, is this file cc? If so can you send it over? (or at
least one exr per eye?). It will help with the tests at some point.
--
A quick update: I'm done with the read/write routines for multiview.
The current code is on:

So far the implementation is by considering the views just as another
pass (one of Ton's ideas). For example:

RenderLayer.Combined.left.R

layer: RenderLayer
pass: Combined.left
channel: R

Note also that Combined.left is a pass and Combined.right would be another pass.
My next goal is to tackle render. For that I'll add "views" to the
scene, which are a camera and a name.

The plan is as follow:
1) read multiview exr   [done]
2) see multiview in UV/image editor as mono [done]
3) write multiview exr  [done]
4) render in multiview
5) compo in multiview
6) see multiview in UV/image editor as stereo
7) see viewport preview
8) ?

--
Dalai