[Bf-committers] Stereoscopy Implementation Proposal

Adriano Oliveira adriano.ufrb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 22:06:51 CEST 2013

Hi Dalai,

My intention in showing off is just state my interest in stereoscopy in
Blender.
The boat is not CC, but it is ok to use on tests, as long as you don't
share the model. I can send it to you as soon as possible.

Producing stereoscopic renders are realy easy in any 3d software, but
controling to get good takes is very hard and few softwares have good free
tools already implemented.

My exemple test is no good: the saparetion is too intense and it causes
problems to resolve in perception. I have a better render now, with
convergence corrected in After Effects, that has a nice and easy pluging to
deal with two cameras renders.
I have done three vertions: anaglyph, optimized analglyph [see link below],
and side by side. This last one to wach in .mp4 on my LG passive 3D TV, via
USB flashdrive (no need of a external player).

The conclusion: anaglyph is useless but for preview. 3D Tvs/monitors are
the way to go.

http://www.svoigt.net/index.php/tutorials/22-stereoscopic-3d/29-optimized-anaglyph

I like very much the development of your proposal.

PS: Sebastian Schneider's addon is not 100% funtional with latests builds,
since render layers got to its own place in UI.

;)

Adriano A. Oliveira

Livro: http://goo.gl/WtcNX
Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/8343393957854863