[Bf-committers] Fixing Windows console

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 22:16:07 CEST 2013

Hi.

Blender on Windows starts as console app and hides the console few
seconds after the start.

I reimlemmented, so Blender starts without any console. In addition,
user can open console from Blender. The problem with this approach is
that calling Blender.exe from cmd returns immediately. This might create
some problems. I solved this by creating blendercmd.exe which set ups
pipes properly and runs blendergui.exe, outputting as before. This might
not be ideal solution for all.

Here some versions:
* Have only gui version

* Have blender.exe as a terminal pipe setter which runs blendergui.exe.

* Have blender.exe and and blendercmd.exe as a pipe setter.

For both make default shortcut for gui app.

* Redistribute two packages: one console app, another gui app. Make this
a build option. (maybe we can even dynamically patch executable from one
to another)

* Leave it as it is

Best,

Alex