[Bf-committers] Fixing Windows console

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 01:22:38 CEST 2013

Hi Alex,

"The problem with this approach is that calling Blender.exe from cmd
returns immediately."

What do you mean by that? Does Blender close? Or does the console itself close?

I think this is a really good thing to tackle. If not for Blender at
least for the blenderplayer.

My suggestion:

* When you call blender/player from command-line the console should
always be there - *optionally when called by -c*

* When we call from a .bat or from an .exe blender/player shouldn't be
there (unless when called  by -c  [ though *optionally* it can be made
visible through the "show console" operator] ).

* When we call blender/player from an external process (os.suprocess
or the -i option) the console should show only when called with -c

Would that be possible?
--
Dalai
blendernetwork.org/member/dalai-felinto