[Bf-committers] Does Cycles waste half it's possible performance or am i wrong?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Oct 27 23:45:33 CEST 2012

Hi,

This is a topic to discuss on the bf-cycles mailing list. We use a
different pixel filtering method which fits better on the GPU. If you
set the filter width to 10 then yes, you might be wasting half the
samples. But for a typical filter width the number of wasted samples
would be quite small in my opinion. Still it would be good to improve
this, but I'm not sure where the half the samples number comes from.

Brecht.