[Bf-committers] have we dropped support for old OS X versions?

Jens Verwiebe info at jensverwiebe.de
Sat Oct 13 14:31:17 CEST 2012

The real problem is:

Newer OSX don`t have 10.5 sdk anymore, so we must use 10.5 deployment target along with any (newer ) sdk.
But there`S something failing with the resulting weaklinking.

- Either a design flaw in our macros , i asume there's
conditionally compiling happening instead of weak linking with null checks ( see:  SDK Compatibility Guide: Using SDK-Based Development )

- or there is a lib build wrong, but this seems not the case.

- additionally the used gcc-4.6.3 for openMP-enabled builds does not play well with this scheme, so builds < 10.6 have to be done with
  apple gcc anyway.

I just can say i do this for other SW with succes. we should investigate our code.

P.S.: i highly recommend using the sdk/deplyoment scheme, for else we run into problems with missing functions for never OSX.
For example using 10.7 sdk fixed the v_sync problem on newer macbooks ( newer gpu's )

Jens

mailto: info at jensverwiebe.de
web:  http://www.jensverwiebe.de