[Bf-committers] Autokey and 3D viewport outline

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 14:24:57 CEST 2012

I hope I'm forgiven for adding my 2 cents in a mainly developper centric mailing list.

as an animator I will tell you that is a bad idea.
for 2 reasons
1)The
 default preferences file is at the moment not versatile enough to
tinker with User preferences on this level (not unless the GSOC
concerning user preferences by vino gets included in trunk)

plus it would not be apparent that this saves with the preferences as it is an ACTION not a preference (imo)

2)
 if I were to have a default of autokey on in my settings then that
means that even when I'm modeling,texture painting or other stuff before
 I even get near animating ,I will have to close the autokey every time I
 open a blend. (If I understand you well enough,I might be mistaken)

This seems counterproductive even if it's a wellmeaning idea.

Autokey should only be activated when you are in animating stage,and that means imo it should be a blend preference,not a default in User preferences.

A decent way of communicating/displaying that autokey is on should be good enough...whatever way the blender devs agree upon....IMO

pardon my intrusion ^^