[Bf-committers] numpy integration followup

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Wed Nov 21 18:33:42 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 12:01:49PM +0100, Vilem Novak wrote:
> Several months ago,
> there was a discussion on this list, where integrating numpy was agreed
> with.

Not sure what the state of numpy integration with blender is, but if
you have numpy installed (for the correct version of blender's
python), you can use it simply by adding the path to your local numpy
installation.

example:
import sys
sys.append('/usr/local/python3.3/site-packages')
import numpy

# note: a smarter script would go an look for numpy in the
# "usual" places

The appeal of only installing blender is understandable, but the Numpy
people already package up their software for various platforms.  I'm
not sure it is worth our effort to duplicate that work.

Stephen
--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net