[Bf-committers] Split Collada into a python frontend and a C++ backend

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Sun May 20 21:47:05 CEST 2012

You wound need to write some C helper functions and either add them to
makesrna or hand write your own python wrapper to be able to access
them from python.

A while back I was working on some auto-generated python bindings for
collada-dom and all I can say about that is it's not for the faint of
heart -- them folks aren't too worried about fixing bugs and the whole
spec is a crazy, complex beast. Pretty sure that was the makefile that
borked my /home dir so maybe I'm a little gun shy.

I did have some good luck with generate-ds which can take the whole
spec/xml definition/whateveryoucallit and output a pure python
implementation. Not that it has anything to do with the question
though.

I do tend to agree with the others, there's already the option to turn
it off in the build system and if it's already in there why bother
hiding it?

Dan