[Bf-committers] (agree to not do it) Split Collada into a python frontend and a C++ backend

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sun May 20 22:20:58 CEST 2012

As discussed with ideasman_42 we have agreed to just do a tiny little
change and rename the Exporter to make it more clear that it is
Blender's Default Collada exporter and that there can be more of them.
Now the menu could look like this (if these exporters existed):

File -> export -> Collada (Default) (.dae)
                   Collada (3DS) (.dae)
                   Collada (Maya) (.dae)
                   Collada (Second Life) (.dae)

Really a minor change, but acceptable for me :)

BTW: I never ever want to disable the Blender Collada module.
In fact i want to help making this module shiny and precious
until end of this year, so that there is no longer any reason
to kick this module out of blender as it was considered earlier
this year.

Gaia