[Bf-committers] Multi Layer EXR issues

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at googlemail.com
Fri May 18 15:26:27 CEST 2012

> If you setup your scenes to render in passes and layers, the names you give to this are meaningful and should be allowed to use. I don't understand why such a feature gets dropped?

Yes, if the renderer generates multilayer files directly it can
organize them in layers and passes. But when writing files from the
compositor using the file output node, or when importing general files
from somewhere else there is usually no such notion of "render
layers". That's why trying to sort the content of every multilayer
file into a set of render layers doesn't work.