[Bf-committers] lib2geom

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 10:18:06 CEST 2012

If we want to add more tools which deal with curves this would be
useful - the main negative is that it only does 2D curves - we might
want 3D versions of functions in some cases.

With python bindings it should make it easier to test some tools in
blender (assuming the python module can run outside inkscape)

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Vilem Novak <pildanovak at post.cz> wrote:
> Hello, I just wanted to ask if there have been any thougths about including lib2Geom in blender in the future?
> it's actually the core library of inkscape, and I think it could be usable in a lot areas - especially in work with curves, possibly also in compositing. While blenders curves are quite good, Inkskape handles curve geometry in a more sofisticated way - it can do booleans and real offsets.
> This years Inkscape GSOC has one project which should create python bindings for this library.
>
> I recently started developing a CAM addon prototype for generating CNC paths directly in blender, and different operations available in this library would be handy for this too, by now I run Inkscape in background for this.
>
> Cheers Vilem

- Campbell