[Bf-committers] lib2geom

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Thu May 3 14:14:34 CEST 2012

Hello, I just wanted to ask if there have been any thougths about including lib2Geom in blender in the future?
it's actually the core library of inkscape, and I think it could be usable in a lot areas - especially in work with curves, possibly also in compositing. While blenders curves are quite good, Inkskape handles curve geometry in a more sofisticated way - it can do booleans and real offsets.
This years Inkscape GSOC has one project which should create python bindings for this library.

I recently started developing a CAM addon prototype for generating CNC paths directly in blender, and different operations available in this library would be handy for this too, by now I run Inkscape in background for this.

Cheers Vilem