[Bf-committers] Compositing View Port Proposal

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 01:06:09 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Michael Fox <mfoxdogg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh yes it is more then a mess, its a nightmare, I am trying to add view
> tessellation option to the view port, and im having one hell of a hard
> time. we defiantly need an cleaning out

I'm curious what you are trying to do.

To answer Mike's question about if I can handle this, yes, I am rather
confident.  The fancy view port could be written along side the
existing one where it can grow features until it replaces the old one.
 That is also good for A-B switching.

Although I want to emphasis generality and programmability, which are
sometimes evil tar-pits, I can start with a very domain specific set
of pieces and replace those with more general pieces as time allows.

In other words, as long as I don't try to jump straight to absolute
best implementation right away I'll be fine.  I think this is
something that can be made to approach "perfection" over multiple
iterations instead of something I get stuck in over my head.