[Bf-committers] GSoC 2012

Jason Tu jasontu4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:53:27 CET 2012

Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself for GSoC. My name's Jason and I'm a
second-year undergrad at Binghamton University in New York (the U.S.). I've
always been a huge Photoshop user and graphics nerd, but I somehow never
got into 3D. I think GSoC is a great opportunity to get involved with the
development side of 3D/"gamey" stuff, and I'd still like to contribute in
the case that I don't get selected for GSoC.

I just finished building Blender, and I'm looking through the ideas list.
One topic that sticks out for me is the game engine--which I'll have to
play with. Do you guys have any advice for a newbie to Blender and 3D
development?

-Jason