[Bf-committers] GSoC 2012

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 17:23:46 CET 2012

Hello Jason,

You could start by checking out some video tutorials at Blender Cookie
(http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/tutorials/game-engine/). Note
that some of the tutorials are focused on using Blender with Unity,
but there are also some BGE ones. I would also recommend getting on
some IRC channels on freenode:

#blendercoders - The main Blender development channel
#gameblender - A channel for BGE support
#blender - A channel for general Blender support
#bgecoders - A development channel focused on the BGE, but not very active

I would recommend at least visiting #blendercoders. I tend to hang out
in all of these channels and I use the nick Moguri. If I'm online, go
ahead and give me a poke; I'd be happy to talk about the BGE with you.

Cheers,
Mitchell Stokes

PS
For anyone wanting to get into development, one of the first things
you'll want to figure out, is how to build Blender:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender