[Bf-committers] Geospatial Blender

Sergey Kurdakov sergey.forum at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 12:32:14 CET 2012

Hi Brylie,

Blender is not  intended to be analysis tool for all possible graphics
related tasks,
that said you should understand, that it is not Blender major point to move
in a direction
you describe.

While, on the other hand, you may  load geospatial data and edit it in
Blender,
and perform some simulations and it is very much welcome.

but overall, there are more appropriate ways to perform geospatial analysis
and visualisation, than to use Blender
( see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIS_Live_DVD OSGeo-Live DVD to get idea
of existing opensource geospatial visualisation software<http://osgearth.org/>
)