[Bf-committers] proposal: python interface for object statistics ...

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 23:04:02 CET 2012

This has always bugged me.  Pulling the information that I need out of that
stats header always feels slower than it should be because you have to
visually and mentally play puzzle games to figure out the information that
you are after.  (Even while righting this I looked at my header and said to
myself, "La: 1 - what the hell is that...  ...  oh, lamps."  This happens
all the time.  When I don't need to put objects on another layer it's slow,
when I do, it's tedious.  Anyway, I made a mockup of what I would like to
see.

A mouse over of the header stats will bring up a flyout of all the relevant
stats in a much more organized and readable manner.  I personally would
like to see just a 'stats' button because the header looks messy to me, but
I'm sure many love those stats with no mouse movement.  Anyway, here is the
quick mockup - we could also add icons for face/verts/edges that are
already in the 3dview header to make this more readable.

Without further ado: The mockup

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7656/ss20120308170416.png