[Bf-committers] PATCH: Add Cubic B-Spline with Prefilter to Transform Node

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:24:27 CET 2012

Greetings all.

I've finished writing a patch that adds cubic b-spline with prefilter
scaling to Sergey's most awesome Transform node.

I'd hope that everyone can appreciate the quality that it brings to
the table for the artists around Blender. It's a significantly
impressive algorithm that I'd hope can be considered for inclusion.

This patch was made possible thanks to the brilliant mind that
participated in the LibMv GSOC project, Matthias Fauconneau. His
extreme patience and question answering permitted this buffoon to
morph the code into Blender's compositor. Huge thanks to Sergey too
for his patience. ;)

WIKI PAGE INFORMATION:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sobotka/Cubic_B-Spline_Scaling_Algorithm

OFFICIAL TRACKER LINK:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=30411&group_id=9&atid=127

CODEREVIEW LINK:
http://codereview.appspot.com/5711050/

Matthias Faconneau's proof of principle:
https://gitorious.org/cubic-b-spline-interpolator

Further reading:
http://www.ipol.im/pub/algo/g_linear_methods_for_image_interpolation/

Thanks so much for your time,