[Bf-committers] Fedora 17 updated to OpenImageIO version 1.0.5 No longer links Blender

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:58:50 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Terry Wallwork
<terrywallwork at netscape.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried building the latest svn version of Blender and it will no
> longer link since Fedora updated to OpenImageIo Version 1.0.5

I'm assuming you're building with Cmake? That what the snippet you
posted looked like but admittedly I haven't build blender with scons
for so long that I wouldn't know what it "looks" like.

I'm the OpenImageIO maintainer for Fedora and co-maintainer of
blender. I assume you're building your own package to ether keep more
up to date or to enable features that are disabled in Fedora?

Are you building blender directly yourself? Or are you using a source RPM?

I use the following cmake options in my spec file for cycles/oiio:

      -DCYCLES_OIIO:PATH=%{_prefix} \
      -DOPENIMAGEIO_INCLUDES:PATH=%{_includedir}/OpenImageIO \

Richard