[Bf-committers] The Future of Blender Projects WAS meeting notes

Ethan Luo congcong009 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:25:47 CEST 2012

Thanks Mont for the update, I will check on that. And regarding the compile
issue, I will try once later too. :)

Coming to the UTF-8 support in Blender. For some language which are not
full translated, these steps will just cost times for users. And check path
and characters are not the only cases. If I wanna type some words into Text
object for example in Chinese, I have to type it first in a notepad.exe and
then save with encoding UTF-8. Then next I will paste it into Blender to
get it working properly. I used to face bugs like saving obj under Chinese
path, and this file will not be possible to be imported back into blender.(
This issue was fixed already, forget the bug tacker id :( ) But I'm not
sure if this will happen anytime in the future, it is quite confusing for
some new learners.

Cheers,
*罗聪翼/Ethan Luo* <congcong009 at gmail.com>
*M: (86)139-8210-2445(GMT+8)*