[Bf-committers] The Future of Blender Projects WAS meeting notes

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Mon Jun 18 03:16:54 CEST 2012

absolutely! though I'm not sure still what part is 'big enough' for
2.7/2.8 - it seems like more nodes is! but maybe dependency graph should
even be a target for 2.6 series.
my observations of 'weaknesses' from experience working on tube and
other projects:
1- dependency graph
2- library linking robustness in corner cases, and overrides, and over
simplicity.
3- speed is always nice (maybe depgraph helps multithreading)
4*- renderer issues are being fixed by cycles already
5*- mesh issues are being fixed by bmesh and other work.
6- nodal everything ;) at least
constraints/modifiers/transforms/relationships.
7- nodal particles
8- hair and fur
9- unified/better physics esp. cloth sim.
10- art-directable sim/ rigid bodies.

some of those are probably related to each other.
cheers