[Bf-committers] blender UI state

Gianmichele Mariani g.mariani at liquidnet.it
Thu Jan 19 22:03:27 CET 2012

Campbell, I agree with what you said. I have posted a proposal myself but
apart from a lot of words nothing has moved.

The main problem is that we don't get an official response and I think it's
needed cause it's a really difficultt topic to get everyone to agree. Even
if people try to do something and create a patch, it is very difficult to
get it approved cause it can clearly go against Blender's philosophy. At
the end these things should be to improve everyday blender and not a fork
that pleases only 1 or 2 people.

On my side I have a proper Maya interaction model with a complete keymap
that works across whole Blender. I need to update it for 2.61 to make it
work with motion tracking and I'll release it by the end of the month and
plan to support it throughout all of the development cycles.

.Gian