[Bf-committers] Color Unpremultiply

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:07:42 CET 2012

Matt Ebb wrote:
> Eh? I presume you're talking about the render option that does this at
> the end of the pipeline before saving imagery out of the
> renderer/compositor, and not the option per image that does this when

My bad. It was the only place I could find that made as much sense
from a global perspective.

It _really_ belongs in the output panel. I suppose I should patch this. Erf.

Gespertino wrote:
> However, I still wonder if that checkbox doesn't belong to the compositing
node instead of the shading panel.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Completely agree. It's my fault!

I did _try_ to get the blasted thing on the output node, but the UI
goes fuzzy on some of those special nodes, of which the output is one.

If anyone wants to step up and demo how to put interface elements on
it, I'd love it.

Matt Ebb wrote:
> Well, the image viewer kind of 'implies' that output images should be
> premultiplied (otherwise they'll look bad), but this is probably also
> the fault of there being no option to choose how to interpret imagery
> that you're viewing, to correct accordingly.

I really would love to see the patch[1] for toggling associated versus
unassociated view committed to trunk on this note. I think it is poor
form to provide a default view that doesn't accurately depict the
internal alpha state, but alas...

With respect,
TJS

[1] http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=127&aid=28782&group_id=9