[Bf-committers] Bachelor-thesis

CoDEmanX codemanx at gmx.de
Tue Dec 18 20:23:50 CET 2012

Hi Paal,

have a look at the projects of this year's Google Summer of Code,
(external) programmers contributed great stuff to Blender:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2012/Overview

You could do something similar, but a lot of other things need to be
done as well, here's the official TODO-list:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo

Personally, I'd like to get a new navigation operator, similar to the
Fly mode. But it should allow navigation similar to a firstperson
shooter: WASD to move (forward, backwards, strafe left/right), mouse to
look around. Q and E to move up and down on Z axis. Ideally, user would
be able to set up their custom key configs, as everyone has a different
taste when it comes to key maps ;)

But that's just me, we can discuss this further however if you are
interested.

Greetings,
Cody