[Bf-committers] 3DsMax editable poly like toolset

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Wed Apr 11 00:45:13 CEST 2012

I actually think there may defintely be a place for functionality like this in Blender. I pretty much envisioned it as Tom described, as 'undo points', except with the added benefit of being able to go back and forth.
Maybe we could implement this in a fashion similar to the Shapekeys panel? I could imagine a panel called 'Mesh States' or 'Mesh Revisions', where the user could add, remove or select a mesh's state, essentially just making a duplicate of the current mesh at that point (á la fake users) and storing it for possible later use. I think at the very least this would provide a nice interface solution to the (I think pretty common) practice of duplicating an object and storing it on a backups/ junk layer (layer 0 or 20 in most cases I'd reckon).

-Patrick