[Bf-committers] Arabic language support in the UI

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Wed Sep 28 02:10:26 CEST 2011

Hi all

i made with my team a .Net simple application that takes the .po file and reverse & convert Arabic letter according to UTF char map
the result is 100% correct Arabic text, see sample down.
there is an WIP version in python too, but python is sensitive with UTF stuff, so until it's fixed there is the .Net one

another issue is the current Droid font which lacks some Arabic characters, here is an UPDATED one i tested and it's OK

here is a test picture of the current and the new fonts

Note that this is only the Arabic part, not including other languages

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list