[Bf-committers] Arabic language support in the UI

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 02:55:11 CEST 2011

I'm impressed. Could you briefly explain what is going under the hood?
And what is the problem with the python version (I thought python could
handle encoding with no problems)?

I wonder if the better solution would be to have this running internally in
Blender leaving the .po "non-reversed"/normal.


Note: I was going to comment that there are also "missing characters" in the
screen with your new font. But it seems to be the non-arabic characters,
(e.g. - ). Once merged with the Droid we are using it should work fine.

2011/9/27 Yousef Hurfoush <bat3a at msn.com>

> Hi all
> i made with my team a .Net simple application that takes the .po file and
> reverse & convert Arabic letter according to UTF char map
> the result is 100% correct Arabic text, see sample down.
> there is an WIP version in python too, but python is sensitive with UTF
> stuff, so until it's fixed there is the .Net one
> https://sourceforge.net/p/batp/code/24/tree/tools/Arabic2UTF.exe
> another issue is the current Droid font which lacks some Arabic characters,
> here is an UPDATED one i tested and it's OK
> https://sourceforge.net/p/batp/code/24/tree/tools/DroidSansArabic.zip
> here is a test picture of the current and the new fonts
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/18492
> Note that this is only the Arabic part, not including other languages
> _______________________________________________
> Bf-committers mailing list
> Bf-committers at blender.org
> http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-committers

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list