[Bf-committers] UI changes from cycles branch

Mike S blenderdev at mikes.id.au
Mon Oct 24 23:05:06 CEST 2011

Hi all,

On muted icons:  -1

Having just moved to OSX 10.7.3 "Lion" I have experienced a similar
muting of icons in the Finder application as well as others.  This is
quite annoying as the visual colour cues from the icons are now missing.
Unless you have considerable spatial memory its hard to find the icon
you want.  For expert blender users muting the icons is probably not a
concern. For those learning and intermittent users the visual
colour/shape combination is much easier to use/remember.

Also very sad about Lion...the only reason I upgraded was for OpenCL 1.1
(ie Cycles)  ... to find that my HD4850 driver is only supported to
OpenCL1.0 spec :-(((

Mike.