[Bf-committers] UI changes from cycles branch

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Oct 27 05:12:52 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Brecht Van Lommel <
brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Panel headers a bit darker now and increased button embossing:
>
> Before: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=19452
> Latest: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=19501

This is certainly an improvement on the first proposal

> I also like the icons to be a bit more muted, again to avoid them
> grabbing attention too much with highlights. For me this is what
> really finishes it off, to make the interface nice calm, but maybe
> this is considered too dull.

-1. Firstly I don't see the necessity of this - I think the current icons
are excellent and strike a good balance between quick wayfinding and visual
noise. But even assmung its needed, this still is not a good way to go about
it. If you want duller icons, they need to be designed that way with a
different colour scheme and design requirements that takes this into
consideration. Doing an overall alpha blend is pretty heavy handed and
disregards the intention of the designer.

Matt