[Bf-committers] Arabic support in text editing

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Mon Oct 24 16:30:33 CEST 2011

Hi dalai

i know the fork i proposed is NOT the way it should be, i think going
the further mile is the best approach, but that WILL take a big amount of
time and commitment to revamp the text drawing aligorithm in blender.

So, i think doing a simple procedure of implementing the arabic_to_utf operator
is best for more internationalization as currently there are no 3D package provide
RTL languages in the text object.

Another approach i found is using special font's with replaced char map with the language
you want to implement, which what i use now, but we still need to reverse the order.

here is a sample of the word "yousef" -> 'يوسف' :
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/19489