[Bf-committers] FBX camera

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 23:33:48 CET 2011

Hola,

Despite some recent changes to the FBX exporter, it still didn't
export the correct focal length. I fixed this and also worked out how
to export the film offset (shift_x/shift_y) correctly.
Tested on Maya, Nuke and Houdini. Patch is here:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?group_id=9&atid=127&func=detail&aid=25979

Exporting to Maya is as good as complete - at least all essential
settings are included and works as expected. Nuke and Houdini also get
the correct settings (Houdini doesn't set the film offset though, even
when importing from Maya), but these two apps has a wrong local
rotation of the camera so it's not so useful yet. A big missing
feature for all apps is focal length animation.

I couldn't test in Unity 3D unfortunately so would appreciate some
feedback about how it works in that and other FBX aware apps.

Best regards,
Ejner