[Bf-committers] Node system for game logic

Sergey Kurdakov sergey.forum at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:00:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

it looks like design questions of GameKit should somehow be considered
separately.

currently, as it is mentioned

>with some basic Lua
>bindings.

 GameKit has no python system, but lua one.
also while hive system has some merits - it is not the only approach,

I like this one
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/delta3d-extras/index.php?title=DtEntityfor
example
( based on series of articles
http://t-machine.org/index.php/2007/09/03/entity-systems-are-the-future-of-mmog-development-part-1/
so this system is really designed with  games in mind - not just connect
objects - maybe I missed something - but hive system is just overuse of
python capabilities to bring objects together but if it can streamline game
creation still to be seen )

so which system to use and how still is a question to be discussed.

But the narrow part of the story is interface to program games ( there are
tools out there such as GameMaker - but it adds nothing special over current
Blender capabilities ).

If there is working system on interface front to program games without
coding
 - and this  main question is resolved - then other questions can be
resolved.

now the point is if without interface hive system fits into Blender Game
engine and if it has potential to fulfill NodeLogic proposal or NodeLogic
can be coded with the use of Moguri system + some ideas from
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/delta3d-extras/index.php?title=DtEntity).

as we seen - Ogre was re licensed - but before it proved to be viable system
in a first place

Regards
Sergey

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Xavier Thomas <xavier.thomas.1980 at gmail.com