[Bf-committers] GSoC11 - Projects with a mathematical bent?

Mitchell Jeffrey buck68 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 14:09:36 CET 2011

Hi all,

I've just been having a look at some of the project ideas on the Summer of
Code wiki page.  Automatic seam creation for UV unwrapping, camera
tracking/motion capture and nodification of game logic have all caught my
attention.

While I have little experience in any 3D modelling or animation, I've
recently become interested in the software development aspect of packages
such as Blender.  I'm a 3rd year maths/physics major with a range of
languages/CS courses/software experience under my belt.  I'd imagine at
least the differential geometry course I took last semester would come in
handy.  While I'm all for picking up the necessary skills and competencies
along the way, I was hoping to discuss with possible mentors whether my
background is appropriate for contributing to Blender - perhaps related to
the aforementioned ideas - this (Northern) summer.

Cheers,
Mitchell
---
Melbourne, Australia