[Bf-committers] Proposal: to remove the TexFace options

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Fri Mar 11 15:02:07 CET 2011

Am 11.03.2011 13:16, schrieb Dalai Felinto:
> Hello there,
> the code is read, up and running here.
> Are there bugs? Likely (it's a big patch after all). But I've been
> chasing them over the week and believe it's all manageable. If you can
> help testing, please report them in the patch entry.

How is it working together with GLSL? I feel that probably a even bigger
change is on the way which would unify this also. For now it is working
well but as soon as I switch to GLSL my Alphas are not there anymore for
example.

Where is the "Collision" flag from the Face Textures is handled? I think
it can be usefull to have Collision by Face.

I think you would also remove Texture Face as option from the Shading in
the Property Shelf?

Beside this and my doubts about the time when to incorporate this (see
below) I think your work is very valuable and simplifies things.

> And the one million dollar question is: "Can this be incorporated
> before Blender 2.57 release?" if there is no agreement by Sunday I
> will see if I wake up early to discuss that in the meeting.

I am still a bit sceptic and feel that it would be fit better in a 2.6
Version, especially as there are bigger changes in the materials
proposed for these versions. So my opinion: Wait. And then do a system
which serves all cases well: Add material options with all features you
can use in rendering, then when you start the Gameengine the materials
will be shown as good as the actual graphic card can handle. All automatic.

Beside this I would also like to have a lazy mode with more than one
texture on a object in GLSL mode.

Carsten

--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/