[Bf-committers] Mapping and Soft Limits suggestions

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:18:23 CET 2011

My comments to your sections, as i see it:

+ (Change) - "Size" parameter name to "Tiling":
Could be usefull, since size is inverted anyway. Meaning the texture is
scaled by 0.5 if size is 2.

+ (Add) - Rotation controls on the Mapping parameters:
Don't think that this would be necessary. You can always map to an
object/empty. This allows easy control over the rotation scaling and
translation.

+ (Add) - Parameters for Sampling/Blur in Procedural maps:
Don't see the need for them. If you have problems with moire effects,
you could always adjust the antialiasing settings for the renderer or
add focus blur with composite nodes. Then you have sharp lines in the
front and no moire in the back.

+ (Add) - Soft Limit to some parameters:
Could be useful but don't know about blenders internal limitations in
this cases. But so far i had never an issue with this settings. It are
usually much lower for good results.