[Bf-committers] Blender developers irc meeting,

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 19:41:05 CEST 2011

>    * /Do we need a type of texture stack, or are mix nodes enough? /

For stacking - i'd definitely have a stacking node (but call it a
layers node).  The vast majority of artists can think layers much
easier than organising multiple mix nodes even if they are
mathematically the same thing.  Regarding fat nodes in general - for
textures I can't think of too many that are needed, but for material
and texture combinations - I can think of a few shaders that should
have preset group node - car shader for instance.

> /Do we need a full shaded GLSL draw mode for offline render

As with Michael - i feel the texture painting needs a way to glsl
preview that will give results reflective of the renderer, though as I
expressed interest in a different discussion, would be interesting to
have a live rendering be able to focus it's samples where a
sculpt/paint stroke occurs.

LetterRip