[Bf-committers] Is alpha within Blender totally broken?

Αντώνης Ρυακιωτάκης kalast at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 12:58:23 CEST 2011

Some more info: As far as I know, in blender most image formats are
written in color corrected space. OpenEXR is an exception as far as I
remember. So maybe it's just a matter of non-conversion or erroneous
conversion when writing the exr file? I've noticed similar behavior in
other parts of blender. For instance, if you open a float image in the
image editor, paint on it and save it as exr and reload it, you'll see
subtle differences. This comes from the face that internally float
images are handled as color corrected, not linear and when writing
them to file no conversion is done. However, when -loading- the file,
the image is tagged as linear and thus you get a color corrected
result on color corrected colors. In my opinion, all float images
should be in linear color space internally but apparently this is not
the case.