[Bf-committers] Removing auto registration

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 21:28:46 CET 2011

--- On Sat, 1/22/11, Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> I don't really see the order problem as a problem we have
> to solve. If
> you're registering multiple things, then it seems logical
> to me that
> if A references B, you register B first and then A. It's
> not clear to
> me where these potential complex rules would show up?

I don't think it's terribly complex either. The fixed type order I propose on the wiki page seems like it should work (quite easy with automatic register and simply enough to define for manual). Campbell supposedly has all kinds of wild cases under hands that fail automatic register, so that's why he was supposed to look into it and come back with definite cases of failure.

Martin