[Bf-committers] Proposal: Blender OpenCL compositor

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:33:44 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Brecht Van Lommel
<brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:
> Automatic data conversion between nodes. What I'm not sure about is
> the different color data types (RGBA, HSVA, YUVA, ..). This would no
> be exposed to the user, all they would know is that it's a Color,
> right? Is it really necessary to have these as core data types, can't
> the nodes do such conversions if they want to?

Sadly RGB to YCbCr or vice versa _would_ need to be exposed as a
result of different color matrices. You would need to specify Rec601
versus Rec709.

Xat can speak to this further.

I'm certain there are cases that aren't immediately obvious that would
require exposing the color model.