[Bf-committers] ASC-CDL Saturation Node

Andrew Hunter andrew at aehunter.net
Tue Jan 18 03:57:23 CET 2011

Hey Blender Coders,

The attached patch introduces a new node called "ASC-CDL Saturation"
that implements the saturation function as discribed by the ASC Color
Decision List (ASC CDL) Transfer Functions and Interchange Syntax
(v1.2) spec.

This is the first patch I've ever done, so there may be some cargo
cult programming as I have based the node on CMP_gamma.c and the
registration of it on various commits. Also, the algorithm is adapted
from the ASC-CDL reference code.

There is one caviate however. The output from blender does not match
the reference spec. I suspect that this is due to some issue with
blender's image or color management. That said, the node still does a
"good enough" job of desaturating an image.

I have attached an image showing the discrepancy on the patch tracker.
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=25695&group_id=9&atid=127

Cheers,

Andrew