[Bf-committers] bump mapping - white is down & black is up???

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 26 22:41:28 CET 2011

Same thought on my side. White is a high value. Why making a peak am
hole? Don't know any software that uses black for the tips of anything.
Gimp uses white as peaks for bump mapping and any other known graphic
software too. Even SVG-(Filters) define white as a high spot. At least
it is the default for many programs.