[Bf-committers] Blender Startup Time

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Fri Feb 25 19:53:23 CET 2011

Am 25.02.2011 14:00, schrieb Campbell Barton:
> Today I took some time to look at how much slower blender 2.5x is then
> 2.4x, and possible ways to make it faster.
[...]
> Other suggestions for improving startup time welcome!

My suggestion: Don't care about these 5 seconds ;-)

How often do I start Blender a day? If I am lucky ONE time. If not the
next starts are warm starts.

Better take care about usability and bugs, a bug or quirk in the GUI can
cost me several minutes, maybe hours of work if all is murphy an I get a
crasher with no proper Auto-Save or such.

my 2ct.
Carsten

--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/