[Bf-committers] Two new patches

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 07:00:06 CEST 2011

Having support for a very simple floating point image format seems
reasonable - EXR/TIFF/DPX/JPEG2000/HDR are a bit complicated requiring
libs to properly support and some of these do conversions from float
to fixed 16-32 bits per channel, gamma blah blah or use lossy
compression.

So I see there is something nice about being able to write a float
image to disk without trying to be *smart* about it like DPX/KPEG2000
do.

The patch is very small and other apps support it so should be ok?
...I'd like to know anyone uses this image format though, or if there
are areas where its in common use.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:05 AM, Tom Edwards <contact at steamreview.org> wrote:
> I've submitted a couple of patches recently:
>
> Better Environment Map scripting:
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=28355&group_id=9&atid=127
>
> Portable Floatmap format support:
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=28360&group_id=9&atid=127