[Bf-committers] Blender IRC meeting, sunday 17 april 2011

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 04:31:53 CEST 2011

> - Doing even better RC testing was also discussed. The regression
> files on blender.org would have revealed the issues in release...

@Ton,
As well as the 2 bugs you mention that could have been found there
were 2 others that AFAIK wouldn't have.

- Crash on rendering with decimate & tangent space: (don't think this
is covered by our regressions).
- Crash on loading 2.4x file with image grease pencil: (need to check
all releases use same revision, linux release was 1 rev older).

We _should_ really be updating regressions when cases like this are
found, the problem then becomes that we end up with so many
regressions that running them all becomes overly tedious.

If you want I can look into automating our regression tests as apart
of my BF work - at least the ones which don't rely on interactive
tools.