[Bf-committers] Bf-committers Digest, Vol 81, Issue 47

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 17 17:52:57 CEST 2011

As I was at it, after fixing fracture_ops.py api problems, I enhanced (I
hope…) both the fracture Group tool, and the UI:

Heavily reviewed fracture group behavior:
   * It now does a (very basic) optimization by roughly detecting if a
cutter could affects a given object.
   * Now, it really fractures objects: you get “difference shards”, ie
parts of object outside of any cutter, and “intersect shards”, ie parts
of object inside cutters – taking into account situations where cutters
intersect each others !
   * And optionally, you can choose whether to get only diff or inter
shards.

Also changed UI part:
   * Now using a single operator for both simple and group fracture.
   * Put settings properties in a collection in scene object.
   * This allows for the tool to be fired from a “tool panel”, like e.g.
cloud generator, and to get rid of this ugly exe property!

All that is packed in the tracker:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.php/153/469/21793/15951/object_fracture_2.1.tar.bz2

But it’s obvioulsy to big of a change for me to commit it in svn, so I’d
like to have your feelings about it!

Cheers,
Bastien

/Sat Apr 16 16:33:47 CEST 2011, /*Vilem Novak* <pildanovak at post.cz>
<mailto:bf-committers%40blender.org?Subject=%5BBf-committers%5D%20Fracture%20Tools%20don%27t%20work%20in%20Blender%202.57&In-Reply-To=4DA9672E.3080302%40cowtoolsmedia.co.uk>
//