[Bf-committers] Debugging with mingw

(Ry)akiotakis (An)tonis kalast at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 12:14:13 CEST 2010

With some research it turns out that it is indeed related to the
python debug libraries. Maybe this can avoided somehow? (
http://forums.librocket.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26 ). Are debug python
dll's a necessity? A more secure way might be to build python on MinGW
(I see that a few people have made the attempt with varying degrees of
success and irritation). Right now there is no official support for
that unfortunately. Another (illegal, strictly speaking) workaround I
haven't tested is copying the debug redistributable dll's of vc++ 2008
to your system, since I believe this is the dependency that causes the
problem. Looks like we should poke python devs asking for MinGW
compilation support and pray...