[Bf-committers] Debugging with mingw

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 12:00:52 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:20 AM, (Ry)akiotakis (An)tonis
<kalast at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem with debug builds of blender both for scons and
> cmake. They do build succesfully but when I try to launch the
> application I get an The application failed to initialize properly
> (0xc0150002). Any ideas on how to fix this?

I get the same error and couldn't figure out how to get it working either.
its especially difficult because this happens while loading the DLL
(from what I can tell) so you cant get a useful stack trace.

The problem is todo with the python debug DLL, so perhaps using a
different python31_d.dll would fix it.
further Im not sure how to troubleshoot these problems.

It would be really nice to fix though since then we can have a full
development env in win32 which is very easy to install for new devs.
QtCreator+CMake is all you need, since QtCreator comes with mingw.

--
- Campbell